Don't waste your time reading this stupid blog

It's just a sweary rant.



Friday 11 February 2011

The Constellation

The Constellation is a stylish bar in The French Concession (see post below). It is a tasteful, very expensive Japanese/Old Colonial fusion.

We're talking dark wood, sumptuously upholstered leather chairs, smartly attired waiters and what conversation there is, is hushed and high brow. The bogs are smarter, bigger and smell better than my flat, the lights are low and one buys one's favourite tipple (mine's normally beer but it's not that kind of place - it's whisky, vodka, gin, that type of thing) by the bottle, which one writes one's name on and on your departure, they store it in darkened, padlocked, air conditioned cupboard from which they reverentially bring it forth on your return.

Yu and I were so impressed we splashed out £137 on a bottle of 12 year old, Single Malt Japanese whiskey.They proffered it to me and I checked the label, then they gave me the special pen for writing my name on the bottle. Oh dear.

I'm 4 arseing 7 years old. What was I thinking?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment