Don't waste your time reading this stupid blog

It's just a sweary rant.



Thursday 24 March 2011

Ahhhh look at her little face.


Her name is Xzhouxiangzxinledongzxh. She's quite old and lives in an alley that I use to get to work every morning. An alley, that I find out a full 2 months after I got here, is called Death Alley. So that's nice.
Anyway she occupies this spot because it gets the sun. They put a newborn puppy next to her a couple of days ago and she was licking it. Ahhhh very sweet.

Anyway. On an unrelated note my time out here has been partially spent in a quest to find a decent cup of coffee near to work that doesn't make one involuntarily shout "HOW MUCH!" when they tell you how much it is. I tried a new place yesterday.
It was a five minute walk away so not far but in a touristy place. I ordered the cheapest coffee on the menu. Only after she’d started making it did I read on the menu that it would take 10-12 mins to make.
Fuck a Peking duck. 
So I had to stand there hopping from foot to foot in frustration while she selected the correct jar of beans, ground the beans, poured the resulting coffee dust into a little paper funnel, placed that in the top of a thimble sized paper cup, then poured hot water, drop by agonising drop, onto the coffee dust and let it soak through and drip into the cup until the cardboard thimble was half full. By which point I was knobbing furious, and sweat was dripping down the walls. I paid…wait for it… £2.50! I walked back to work to enjoy what I thought was going to be the coffee equivalent of the Sistine Chapel Ceiling only to discover that she had spent 10-12 minutes making 2 inches of tepid dark brown water. 
Done like a fucking kipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment